Welcome to the ABATE of New York Forum.
Please REGISTER or LOG IN.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the ABATE of New York Forum.
Please REGISTER or LOG IN.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

confiscation bill- update

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1confiscation bill- update Empty confiscation bill- update Thu May 21, 2009 8:31 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

Good evening all,

I just wanted all to know as the topic of the confiscation bill is the issue here that I received a phone call today from Senator Defransico himself, Not an aide surprising as it was, He was asking what we as ABATE felt was a fair time line to have the return of the bike in question as well as what we would ask about the stolen parts. As some of you may or may not know I was with the Sherriffs Dept for many years untill an unfurtunate accident while on duty that has made me disabled from performing my duties for the rest of my life. But back to the answer I gave to him. The first thing I expessed was that if there is a stolen part and the bike that is taken it would stand to reason that an investigation should really take no longer than 30 days and if there is some sort of reciept where the part was purchased and from whom then the burden should fall on the person who sold that part not the bike owner and so 30 days should be more than fair. He seem to agree with this answer and said he would do his best to support this bill. He also was very intersted in the imformation I gave him on the road blocks and had alot of questions.. I put together a packet for the politions I met with on Monday and that was among the information I gave all the imformation I have on Operation5060 and he was quite interested and appauled at the same time and feels this is very unfair to all bikers. So I guess it seems that in some form or anouther we did make an impact on Monday and patts on the back to everyone for a great job. and lets not loose sight of what we all are fighting for.

https://abatemc.forumotion.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum